Preparation + Cooking time: 40 mins
- Shin Ramen soup base
- Cooked rice
- Hot n’ Spicy Spam
- Buffalo mozzarella
- Olive oil
- 1 egg
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Coconut oil spray (can use canola oil or olive oil if desired)
1. Empty Shin Ramen soup base into a microwaveable bowl. Add rice into the same bowl. Add hot water and stir.
2. Microwave, stirring occasionally and adding hot water as necessary until the mixture becomes slightly soft.
3. Dice some Hot n’ Spicy Spam and add to mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Put on disposable gloves and spray oil over them so they are non-stick.
5. Cut some buffalo mozzarella into small cubes and set aside.
6. Scoop some risotto into one hand, place one square of buffalo mozzarella on top, and cover with more risotto so it forms a ball. Repeat until all the risotto is gone.
7. Crack the egg, whip and then roll your risotto balls in the egg wash.
8. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on a tray and roll your now-sticky, egg wash-covered risotto balls to coat them.
9. Spray your now crumbed risotto balls (which can now be called ‘arancini’) in ample olive oil.
10. Preheat the air-fryer and then air-fry your arancini, checking mid-way and spraying with oil as necessary, until golden brown.
9. Serve hot/warm and enjoy! Bet you can’t stop at just one! 🙂