Recipe adapted from Maangchi
- Any White Fish Fillets (400 grams) – I used Snapper
- Olive oil
- Fresh Minced Garlic/ Garlic Granules
- Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- Red Chili Powder
- Soy Sauce
- Onion/ Onion Flakes
- Sesame Seeds (Optional)
- You can use fresh or thawed frozen fish – any white fish will do.
- Rinse the filets in cold water and gently dry them using a paper towel or cotton cloth.
- Slice fillets thinly and place into a bowl.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of salt, 2 cloves of minced garlic (or 3 tsp of garlic granules – I used a combination), and 1 pinch of black pepper into the bowl of fish slices and gently mix it up by hand.
- Pour 1 cup of flour into the bowl with the cod, and mix it quickly with your hand so that the fish is lightly breaded.
- Beat 3 eggs in a small bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Add 1 minced small onion (preferrably green, or/and some onion flakes) and red chili pepper pepper into the beaten eggs.
- Heat a pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tbs of olive oil to the pan.
- Piece by piece, dip your breaded fish into the beaten eggs, and then place the pieces onto the heated pan.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook it.
- Turn it over using a spatula or spoon.
- Add more oil if needed.
- On a big plate, place green lettuce on the bottom and place the cooked fish on it for serving.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of 2 tbs of soy sauce and 1 or 2 tbs of vinegar and sesame seeds (optional).