Adapted from Kat Carter's Kitchen
Makes 8-10 medium sized muffins…A celebration of cheese!
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 2.25 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Tbsp cumin
- 1.5 cups of grated cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped feta
- 1 egg
- .75 cups milk
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- .75 cups of any of the following: roast vegetables, sundried tomatoes, red capsicum, parsley, pesto (today I used sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and green chillies)
- black pepper
- topping: relish of choice (i like to use anathoth tomato relish), sliced tomato, sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and grease muffin trays.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, cumin and pepper in a large bowl.
3. Toss through grated cheese and feta.
4. In another bowl, lightly beat eggs and milk together.
5. Add to dry ingredients along with 1.5 cups of vegetables.
6. Divide between muffin tins and top each one with a spoonful of relish, some sliced tomato and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.