Adapted from OverTimeCook
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2-4 egg whites (I used 3)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 Tablespoon boiling water
- 10 oz chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (about 1 1/2 cups) OR chocolate bits of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350F/177C. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the confectioners sugar and cocoa.
3. Add two egg whites and the coffee.
4. Stir until combined. Batter should be like a very thick brownie batter.*
*If batter is too thick, add another 1 (or if needed 2) egg whites to achieve the correct consistency.
5. Gently stir in the chocolate chips. (I used Sublime Gelato’s Hokey Pokey Butter Balls instead. This made my cookies turn out more like toffee – which was a *slight* mistake, but okay.)
6. Place 1 inch mounds (or balls) of dough about two inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350 for 13-14 minutes, until tops are crackly.
8. Leave cookies on parchment paper to cool completely, then gently peel off the parchment and serve.