Preparation + Cooking time: 40 mins
- Leftover carbonara sauce
- Cooked rice
- Buffalo mozzarella
- Olive oil
- 1 egg
- Breadcrumbs (I didn’t have these so I used tempura batter)
1. Scoop rice and carbonara sauce into a microwaveable bowl. Add milk.
2. Microwave, stirring occasionally and adding milk as necessary until the mixture becomes a soft risotto.
3. Put on disposable gloves and rub oil over them so they are non-stick.
4. Cut some buffalo mozzarella into small cubes and set aside.
5. Scoop some risotto into one hand, place one square of buffalo mozzarella on top, and cover with more risotto so it forms a ball. Repeat until all the risotto is gone.
6. Crack the egg, whip and then roll your risotto balls in the egg wash.
7. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on a tray and roll your now-sticky, egg wash-covered risotto balls to coat them.
8. Roll your now crumbed risotto balls (which can now be called ‘arancini’) in some olive oil.
9. Preheat the air-fryer and then air-fry your arancini until golden brown.
10. Serve hot/warm and enjoy! Bet you can’t stop at just one! 🙂