barely adapted from Anna Olson, Food Network Canada
Makes 1 dozen large-ish (Ms. Field-sized) cookies
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Using the cooking spatula, mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a cooking spatula and then your hands, roll dough in disc shapes on a prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-20 minutes (really depends on your oven), until barely golden brown around the edges. The cookies will be easy to spatula off the baking tray but still soft inside.
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and serve warm or set aside to cool completely.